Greenock Morton Football Club have immediate vacancies for a number of qualified coaches across the foundation and youth development phases of our elite youth academy.
Job Title: Academy Coach
Organisation: Greenock Morton Football Club
Location: Inverclyde (part-time)
Hours of Work: Two evenings per week and one day at the weekend for matches
• Implementation of the coaching syllabus for the designated group
• Lead on coaching within training and games for the designated group
• Promote collaboration in the delivery of the programme.
• To plan, create and evaluate coaching sessions as scheduled in the weekly plan
• Manage appropriate playing opportunities for all eligible players
• Ensure the review process is operated for each player
• Monitor and record training/fixture content, objectives, evaluations, time and attendance
• Monitor and evaluation of all players with the age group for succession planning process
• Oversee the trialists providing suitable evaluation and feedback during the signing/exit policy
• Ensure appropriate communication of future activities and/or changes (times/dates)
• Liaise with all departments to enhance a multi-disciplinary process
• Undertake administrative tasks related to the role as and when required
• To take responsibility for all resources associated with training and fixtures ensuring the highest possible standards (kit, bibs, balls, cones etc)
• Communicate and promote the academy culture creating an elite environment for the development of young players
• Actively engage in a fully functioning competency framework and integrated appraisal process
• Monitor the well-being of academy players at all times.
Greenock Morton seek to discover coaches able to deliver with enthusiasm and energy, whilst also meeting the following essential criteria:
• UEFA B Licence
• Basic First Aid in Sport Certificate
• Design and implementation of coaching curriculum
• Computer literate
• Excellent communication skills
• Understanding of growth and maturity within young players
• Ability to demonstrate a desire to develop their coaching knowledge through course access and CPD
• UEFA A Licence or Youth Licence
• Understanding of teaching and learning strategies
• Experience working within an elite playing environment
• Valid driving licence
• Must adhere to confidentiality and data protection procedures at all times
• Ability to communicate appropriately with all ages
• Able to demonstrate a desire to develop coaching knowledge through course access and CPD
• Flexibility with working hours required to meet demands of the role
How To Apply
Only applicants that meet the above essential criteria for the person specification will be considered for the role.
Anyone interested in applying should email: firstname.lastname@example.org, including the job title in the email subject.