Greenock Morton Football Club have an immediate vacancy for a new Head of Development Squad to work closely with both the first-team and youth academy staff, ensuring a smooth transition of players through their development years.
This role is pivotal in the long-term vision of the board of directors in creating, through time, a core of first-team squad members who have graduated from the youth academy.
• Engage and create a structured timetable that meets the needs of youth development for players 16 – 20 years of age
• Full integration of timetable around the first-team’s training schedule
• Ensure the players have a minimum of six football sessions per week and two strength and conditioning sessions
• Full engagement with physical development of the players – additional external support will be sourced
• Coordinating and accompanying players to the gym to work on developing them physically
• Direct involvement with the youth academy Under-17s squad working with the head of youth and 17s coaches
• Coordination and support for the delivery of the players’ SVQ
• Engaging with external suppliers who offer specialist supplementary skills
- UEFA Level 5 coaching license as a minimum (A License, Youth or Pro License)
- We would only accept someone who is ‘working towards’ and being assessed in 2017 in exceptional circumstances.
- Understanding and knowledge of SFA Coaching Pathway
- Knowledge and experience of developing young players
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Motivated individual
- Ability to motivate others
- Good planning and organisational skills
- Full driving licence with access to car
How To Apply
Only applicants who meet the above essential criteria for the person specification will be considered for the role. Please read the full job description by clicking on the blue tab on the bottom right of this page.
Could all applicants please email a CV and a covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org, including the job title in the email subject.
The closing date is Thursday 25 May 2017 at 5pm.